The Bobs, one of professional a cappella’s longest-running and most successful groups, are known for turning “normal” songwriting, arranging, and recording upside down and inside out….and coming up with new, often amusing, and creative techniques for composition and performance. This class shares some of those methods, including:
- A song can be about anything
- Covering standards and making something new of them
- How to get more sound from fewer voices
- How inevitable changes in personnel can work for you
- Does it need to be funny?
- Which parts are locked in and which are free?
- What’s the focus?